LiteraryEscapism

Archangel's Legion
Nalini Singh
The Mask of Power: Spyro Versus the Mega Monsters #1
Onk Beakman
Tempt the Stars (Cassandra Palmer, #6)
Karen Chance

Midnight Brunch (Casa Dracula Series, Book 2)

Midnight Brunch - Marta Acosta I really did enjoy this novel. It took me a little longer to get through since I was in the process of moving, but I found myself wanting to get back to the story. I wanted to see what was going on. There are all these little nuances that something is going on, but nothing so obviously that it trips any radars. The characters have so many different layers that it’s fun to watch them all unfold. Acosta has a unique view on the vampire society and it’s really refreshing. Especially if you love vampires and are looking for something that isn’t of the dark and/or twisted natures that a lot of authors are sharing these days. This is a really fun series to read, and if you like the Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris or even the Queen Betsy series by MaryJanice Davidson (although I starting to think the Casa Dracula series is going to start trumping the MJD series on my “must get” list) then you should definitely run out to a bookstore or library and find this book.For my full review, click here.